I’ve always loved art, creating, making, doing. I remember writing a little book as a kid, and illustrating scenes young as well. I wish like crazy I’d have kept those sweet first projects.
Although I never pursued art school I have done a lot of learning on my own and lots of what I call “playing” – but better known as practicing. Although I waiver between styles and mediums, secretly my favorite are simple mediums like colored pencils and oil pastels – they remind me of the happy moments of my childhood. I play every day and am grateful to do so.
You’ll find lots of whimsy here and an ever-evolving style. And who knows, maybe I’ll open a shop some day and sell my works. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy looking at my creations.
- I’m a native Midwesterner turned happy Texan. I miss my family back home but love the weather and lifestyle here. I’m (mostly) happy I’m now a Texan.
- I am married 20 years this year (2022), have three great boys who are all teens (send help!), and have a wonderful rescue dog named Charlie.
- My favorite memories include being homeschooled, apple picking, days spent at the lake, marrying my best friend, and snuggling my newborn sons, way back when!
- Time spent in nature energizes me, feeds my spirit.
- I’m doing my best to live as normal a life I can while chronically ill and credit my loving husband and understanding children for keeping me going and pushing through to be the best (sick) person I can be.
ABOUT MY FAMILY
- My husband and I met in our late teens and have been together ever since.
- Two of my three boys have Lyme disease (as do I – among other chronic illnesses) (one was born with it, one was bitten by a tick).
- My oldest is a quiet young man, loves music, plays the sax, and is about to graduate high school.
- My middle is an animal lover, wants a cat and a job desperately, and has a heart as big as Texas.
- My youngest is a warrior child who has been through so much at a young age with a lifelong Lyme illness but he never lets that get in his way! He is a silly boy, sarcastic, and a remote learner.
- Charlie, the rescue pup, is the sweetest dog we’ve ever had. We love him so deeply. I’ve been nothing but blessed with this rescue journey and can’t imagine not rescuing for a lifetime.
Thanks for stopping by my site and supporting my art.