Welcome to Lavender on Main – a fun little hand embroidery project blog!
Weekly embroidery patterns that are perfect for quick little projects, great for the beginner, or the intermediate embroiderer.
Stitch tips and video tutorials that accompany many of the weekly projects.
My favorite tools, books, classes etc for learning hand embroidery.
Occasional bonus projects in other fiber arts mediums.
- I’ve been hand embroidering for several years now and am mostly self-taught with a focus on thread painting.
- I love slow crafts, slow intentional living, things that are cozy, podcasts, and white-noise when going to sleep.
- I’m a native Midwesterner turned happy Texan. I know all extremes of weather from both those experiences but if I’m being honest, Texas has my heart now.
- I am married 19 years this year, have three great boys who are teens and pre-teens now, and are currently pet-less after the great loss of our 9 year old sheltie, Tucker. We are looking to adopt a dog in the future though.
- My favorite memories include being homeschooled, apple picking, days spent on the lake, marrying my best friend, and snuggling my newborn sons, way back when!
- I’m all about the slow and intentional life. Cozy, quiet, self care moments help fuel my mind and body so I can be the best person I can be. Self care is not selfish, it’s fuel for the soul.
- I highly recommend joining the free stitch it community newsletter – it’s free and arrives to your inbox once a week with that week’s projects. You’ll never miss a thing!
- I’m not great at social media, I will admit but I am on IG if you want to follow me there.
- I’m also on Pinterest – I’m really enjoying making boards there that would be of interest to you!
- And lastly, if you need to reach me, I recommend contacting me via email.